The Neesons

The Neesons

Monday, August 9, 2010

Visitors

So after being in the hospital for some time now there have been lots of people who have come to visit and keep me company. I get my wonderful husband that comes every night and takes me on a date. This consists of walking the hospital and sitting together just talking about our days or how we are feeling. There are my parents and the cutest little red headed boy named Toryn who all come on the weekends. This is great because I get to watch my son run and play, I get to see how big he has gotten and, he gets to show me all the new things he has learned. My parents are great and I could never thank them enough for everything that they have done for us. There are friends that come on their lunch hours to distract me from how lonely I am and, they keep me involved in what is happening in the "outside world". Then there are the visitors that come late at night just to watch over me.

Warning-- If you are like my brother and the thought of ghosts or spirits or angels freak you out, you may not want to continue reading.

So there I was one night alone in a dark hospital room and trying to fall asleep when I got this feeling that there was someone else in the room with me. After opening my eyes and realizing that there was not a nurse standing beside me I began to scan the room when there at the foot of my bed was this shadowy figure. Normally a dark shadowed figure standing over you would freak any person out but this figure was different. Even though I couldn't make out any distinctive features about this "person", I knew with every part of my being that it was my Great Gramma Maude Shuart. Now if you're asking how I knew well I can't really explain it other than your heart just knows.

When I told my parents the next day about Gramma visiting me, neither one of them were disturbed or surprised by the visit. In our family we have had a ghost named George follow us for as long as I can remember so a visit from a family member like Gramma is more of a comforting thought then anything else. In fact it would be weird if she didn't come to visit.

Well it wasn't too long after the evening visit that I had someone else come to check in on me. This visitor however was a little more hard to explain. Again while I was laying in bed alone one night I had the same feeling that someone else was in the room again. Right away I knew that it was not my Great Gramma and the feeling that I had was more of an uneasy one. In my mind I knew that there was someone there but I also knew that I did not know this person and that's when I started to become scared. Just as the fear started to build up inside of me God truly spoke right into my heart. Literally it was like I could actually hear the words being spoken inside of me. "Don't be scared," He said. " You do not know this person but they know you and they are suppose to be here." Just like that I was instantly calm and anytime that I started to feel uneasy, God would speak these words right into my heart again.

There have been a few other times where God would send an angel to watch over me or hold me when He knew I needed that extra support and every time I am comforted by the thought that He is watching over me. God's hands are big enough to hold the whole world but sometimes it feels like He puts everything aside to just hold me and Baby Bear to make sure we're ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment